Security is one of the most critical issues in Nigeria. In the 21st century, nations invest in Information Technology as the key enabler for National Security. The 26th National Conference will provide a multi-stakeholder forum to examine pertinent considerations in achieving IT enabled Security to advance and achieve Sustainable Development. Engagement opportunities will be explored during the Conference to present and develop effective strategies, creative approaches and practical solutions. The Conference intends to bring together academics, innovators, researchers, entrepreneurs, IT practitioners, policy makers in government and business people.
Date: November 17 – 19, 2015
Venue: International Conference Centre, Abuja, Nigeria
Towards an Effective Electoral Process in Nigeria: The Role of ICT Local Content and Information Security
- Reengineering National electoral processes through the adoption of high-tech electronic voting system
- Information Security compliance on indigenous ICT innovations for improving electoral process
- Indigenous ICT products and content usage for development and management of electoral process
- Leveraging on Information Security Risk Management standard to enhance Nigerian local content product and services for effective information risk control.
- Building ICT entrepreneurs for a sustainable electoral process in Nigeria
Professor Sola Aderounmu FNCS was inaugurated as the 13th President of the Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) on Friday, September 11, 2015 at MUSON Center, Onika Lagos. The event also witnessed the inauguration of the 19th National Executive Council (NEC) and recognition/send forth of immediate past President of NCS Prof. David Adewumi FNCS, immediate past President of CPN, Alhaja Sekinat Yusuf FNCS and immediate past DG of NITDA, Prof. Cleopas Angaye FNCS.