25th National Conference
Date: July 23 – 25, 2014
Venue: Nike Lake Resort, Enugu – Enugu State
Building a Knowledge-Based Economy in Nigeria: The Role of IT
Modern economies are increasingly based on knowledge and information as the drivers of productivity and growth – the “knowledge-based economy”.
The purpose of the Conference is to provide a forum through which multiple stakeholders can engage each other on effective initiatives to build productive partnerships in support of Nigeria’s transformation into an information and knowledge-based economy.
The Conference will bring together scholars, business persons, IT practitioners, government policymakers, and the general public.
1. Broadband Access for All: Strategies and Tactics
2. Business Process Outsourcing
3. E-governance Solutions: Improving Transparency and Public Sector Service Delivery through Technology.
4. Security Issues in a Knowledge-Based Economy
5. Training and Education for the Youths and IT Industry in Nigeria
6. Manpower Development and Income Generation
7. Harnessing innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship: Opportunities for the youths
8. Mobile Application Technology in Nigeria: A Case Study for Innovation & Transformation
9. IT Applications in the Different Sector of the Economy
10.Application of knowledge Technologies and Engineering in National Development
Conference 2014 Presentations
Day 1: Wednesday 23, July 2013
Plenary Session 1: Broadband & Knowledge Technologies
- Mr. Niyi Yusuf – Country Managing Director, Accenture Nigeria: Application of Knowledge Technologies and Engineering in National Development
- Ms Funke Opeke – Managing Director, MainOne Ltd.: Broadband Access for All: Issues and Strategies
- Mrs. Funmilola Odumuboni – Manager, Cyber Risk Services, Akintola Williams Deloitte: Security Issues in a Knowledge-Based Economy: Challenges & Opportunities
Plenary Session 2: E-Government & Knowledge-Based Economy
- Mr. Austin Okere – Group Managing Director, Computer Warehouse Group Plc: Knowledge-Based Economy: Innovation, Creativity & Entrepreneurship Development
- Mr. Chinenye Mba-Uzoukwu FNCS – Managing Director, Infographics Ltd:E-governance Solution: Improving Transparency and Public Sector Service Delivery
- Mr. Dick Venema– CEO, Venema Advies Nigeria Ltd.: Knowledge-Based Economy: Data Centre Delivery and Sustainability
- Mr. Michael Olajide – Executive Director, Sidmach Technologies Limited:Applications of Information Technology and Local Content Development in the Economy: Issues & Challenges
Day 2: Thursday 25, July 2014